Education is a process of learning and transformation of a student. IAMR is always dedicated to the holistic development of the learners. The internal and external challenges of our younger generation are to be resolved in order to empower them properly. For this a close assessment and a warm interaction with the individual students is mandatory. The counseling centre is functioning in the college under the guidance of Psychologist
The Objective of counseling is that students can freely and confidentially express their academic, emotional and personal pressures and concerns to a professional who can help them effectively.
The major objective of the counseling centre is to facilitate Academic, Emotional, Social and cognitive development of the students hence to empower them in their learning and personal development.
Students are getting the benefits from the counselor in order to pave a path to the students inside the campus and in their homes.
Some Common Issues of Our Youngsters
- Academic pressures ( Lack of concentration and motivation for studies, underachievement, exam stress, unhealthy competition)
- Loneliness and homesickness
- Adjustment difficulties
- Peer pressure
- Relationship issues
- Family Problems
- Cyber bullying
- Behavioral problems (anger outbursts, disobedience, lying etc)
- Low confidence and self esteem
- Suicidal thoughts
- Depression ,anxiety and other mental health problems
- Substance abuse
Activities of the Centre
- One- to- one counseling sessions
- Group counseling sessions
- Class room lecture hours
- Psychological support for students with difficulty in academic performance
- Motivation sessions for bright performers
- Counseling for parents
- Counseling services for Staff
- Psychometric tests and therapy
Call directly to college reception and ask for student’s counselor. You will get extension to Counseling centre. Or else just walk in at the centre. Call In cell on Monday to Friday.
Timing for Consultation
Centre function in all working days from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm.